• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Leaves A Copy of The Messages on the Server

S

sstratton

We are testing out Plesk 6.5 Windows on a Windows 2003 Web Server.

DNS turned OFF under Plesk as well as Windows DNS Service.

Utilizing Easy DNS (First wall to hacks and relay worms) less pounding on server box.

All mail, sites, ftp, pop working except for one issue:

When setting clients email (Outlook) Advanced section; "Leave A Copy of The Messages on the Server"

Messages are left as unread on the Plesk 6.5 Windows Mail.

Tested with Webmail (Horde). Messages show NEW

Problem is that mail does not get downloaded to alternate computers using same email accounts.

With Plesk 6.0 Linux no problem

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

SJS

Read/unread mails should handled by outlook program itself.... I am using a couple of workstations with outlook which are checking same important mailboxes from my linux&win servers... every different outlook downloads message, as unread from server.. This should be same for horde..

This is the response I received from Plesk Technical Support:

"MailEnable does not support such option like marking of read messages that you leave on server. Qmail (mail server the uses Plesk for Unix) can manage mail such a way as you described. MailEnable Pro can mark read messages in mailbox on server. It is planned to use it in further releases of Plesk for Windows but I can't say you exactly if it will be done in nearest release.

We apologize for the inconvenience."

This is a deal breaker for my clients, anyone know a solution or better Windows Based Hosting (Pop Mail) Application?

SJS

Back