• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Let's Encrypt button gray ("off") on "additional services" tab

Bitpalast

Plesk addicted!
Plesk Guru
TITLE:
Let's Encrypt button gray ("off") on "additional services" tab
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Onyx 17.8
CentOS 7.6
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
I think this should be green an "on" ("An" in German) when the customer subscription can use Let's Encrypt to create certificates.
letsencrypt_bug.jpg

A customer had reported this and was wondering why he does not have this service ...​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Login to a subscription that can use Let's Encrypt from the Websites & Domains tab. Click on "Account" tab, then "Additional Services" tab.​
ACTUAL RESULT:
Let's Encrypt showing "Off".​
EXPECTED RESULT:
Let's Encrypt showing "On".​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Peter, more information is required. Does the service plan of the subscription have LE additional service enabled?

Maybe I misunderstand it. What is "Let's Encrypt" as an "additional service"? What would that exactly be in addition to the default Let's Encrypt function (icon) on the "Websites & Domains" tab?

This button indicates that LE additional service called "Keep websites secured" is enabled or not but not that LE extension is installed. LE "Keep websites secured" service can be enabled in Services plan -> <service plan of the subscription> -> Additional services.

In that case it seems that customers don't understand the display name. Maybe it should be changed to "LE keep websites secured"; but even after such a change probably people will think that if it is not green "on", they'd need to renew certificates manually. I think this needs a solution. The issue was only brought to my attention, because customers had called in on it.

Hello @Peter Debik ,
Thanks for your request.
Issue is fixed in Plesk Obsidian.
I've created a bug PPPM-10729 in 17.8. Older versions of Plesk has this bug too but i'm not really sure that we will include such fix in MU of old versions of Plesk

Back