• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question lets encrypt certificate per subdomain

Peter Carlsson

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

Lets say i have a customer domain (www.customer.com) currently pointing to an other server/provider and i want to point subdomains to Plesk and have ssl on them.

I add the subdomains as separate domains/sites like stage.customer.com and api.customer.com and then i want to add ssl to them.

Are the certificate bound to the root domain or do i add an certificate for each site/subdomain?

So long as the subdomains are live and accessible there should be no problem.. There is a limit on the number of sub domains you can register in a month (around 20 if I recall)

No reason why this should not work at all. As far as any one is concerned there is no link between your sub domains and the main domain on another server.

I got it to work but not in Service provider view. I don't care about customers and subscriptions so it's no big deal.

In Power User View i created a new webspace for each customer and then added sub domains like stage.customer.com and api.customer.com and then there were no problem with Lets Encrypt so i'm happy now.

Back