• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Let's Encrypt Certificates didn't auto renew

Oldiesmann

Basic Pleskian
Logged on to one of the sites I host today to find that its security certificate expired - and also figured out that the certificates for most of the other domains on the server have either expired or are going to expire soon. However, when I go to renew the certificates, it says that they will be auto-renewed 30 days prior to their expiration. Is there a reason this didn't happen, or a way to find out why it didn't?

I'm running Plesk Onyx 17.9.10 on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS if that makes a difference.

Check your /var/log/plesk/panel.log file. The Let's encrypt renewal job log to that file if anything went wrong.

Not finding anything about the renewal - just this...

Code:
[2019-01-18 07:29:40.313] ERR [extension/letsencrypt] Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/scripts/post-install.php failed with exit code 1 and the output: 

[2019-01-18 07:29:40.542] ERR [panel] Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/scripts/post-install.php failed with exit code 1 and the output:

I see similar messages from back in November but again nothing regarding the renewal of the certificates.

It seems your LE extension was not correctly installed. I'd suggest you reinstall it.

I have a similar problem. After upgrading to Plesk Version 17.8.11 Update #39 the recertification of Letsencrypt doesn´t work. Bu I cannot find any hints in logfile /var/log/plesk/panel.log. What can I do?

Back