• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Let's Encrypt: "Could not issue/renew Let`s Encrypt certificates" (for webmail, which is disabled)

King555

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS x64
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.47 update #2 web admin edition
I have several subscriptions/domains in Plesk. All are secured via the Let's Encrypt extension, with all subdomains, domain aliases etc. All of them have an activated e-mail service and all of them had webmail activated. Meanwhile only one of the domains has webmail activated. Because I want to access e-mails of all domains via one webmail address. This works, of course.

Now the problem: Let's Encrypt (the extension) still tries to obtain a certificate for the webmail.example.com domain. And this leads to this error in the Let's Encrypt extension error mail: "Web mail service is not configured on domain example.com". Yes, that's true, but why does the extension tries to get a certificate for webmail then? In the LE settings of the domain I cannot disable webmail. The checkbox is checked, but also grayed out/disabled.

Is this a bug?

Back