• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Lets Encrypt Does Not Work On Different IP

spcan

New Pleskian
Hey folks,

Here is my issue I have several shared IPs on one server. The Lets Encrypt certificates work fine for websites hosted on the main IP however when I host a website with a different shared IP (not the main IP) the website is served with a self signed certificate (not secure) and if I switch back the website to be hosted on the main IP then all works fine. Can you please help me figure this out?

Thanks a lot

It is the correct behaviour. SSL certificate is assigned for specific IP address and is not actual for another IP address. So, you have to issue the new certificate for your site on another IP address.

Maybe I haven't been clear enough. I have Plesk installed with 2 shared IPs let's call them IP1 (main IP) and IP2. Domain1 is hosted on IP2 and the Lets Encrypt certificate was installed (issued?) on Domain1 (hosted on IP2) already therefore it should be assigned to IP2 right?

issue the new certificate for your site on another IP address
As far as I can tell the Lets Encrypt module installs certificates based on domains not IPs

Back