• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Let's Encrypt : Domain aliases only ?

Octopus

New Pleskian
Hello everyone !

I give you some context before i start.
Plesk : 12.5.30 ( yeah i know .... :( )
Plugin Let's Encrypt : 2.7.3

Functionment : I have a website on this server with nothing extraordinary. We can call it website.com
I have some clients (clients.com for example) who want a domain name but no hosting services. So i told them to create a CNAME entry in there DNS wich target website.com
In plesk, i create a domain alias named www.clients.com (with no hosting and email services)
Then, i can test in my website if i'm with a client's domain or mine's and do what i want for each clients.

Let's start talking about the problem. i can't generate certificates for these client's domains anymore since a couple months now.
Let's Encrypt generate a certificate for the root domain (clients.com) and only after that, for subdomain like www.clients.com. Now Let's Encrypt give me an error because authentication failed, clients.com are not my domains but www.clients.com is well redirected to my server.

I don't know if a recent update stop the certificate generation after the first error but i use this system of domain aliases for one year now and i never hade this error before.

So, my question is, do you know if it's possible to generate certificates with Let's Encrypt in CLI mode. I found certbot path in plesk : /usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/venv/bin/certbot.
Did you guys know if i will able to see my manualy generated certificates in plesk after that and if after a reboot it will still be there ?

Thanks for your time and for your support !

Sorry if my english is approximative sometimes, i come from the country of Baguettes and Fromages

Thanks again

Back