• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Let´s Encrypt error on certificate renewal

Arvi Saluste

New Pleskian
Hello community,

I have been having a problem updating the let's encrypt certificates. I get a error when I press "Renew" or when the scheduled task tries to renews the certificate. After witch the https binding is removed from the IIS.

When I now press "Install" on the Let's Encrypt extension then it completes successfully and a new https binding is added.

The problem seams to be on the old certificate removal part. Haven't found any information on how to fix the error on windows side.

Is it possible to disable the certificate removal in the Let's Encrypt Extension? On re installation the old certificate remain with the new one and everything works.

renew.jpg

Error: Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Remove certificate failure: A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070520)
In Microsoft.Web.Administration module
Exception type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Interop.IAppHostMethodInstance.Execute()

at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Binding.AddSslCertificate(Byte[] certificateHash, String certificateStoreName)

at Microsoft.Web.Administration.BindingManager.Save()

at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ServerManager.CommitChanges()

at ServerManagerFactory.commit()

at IISServerManager.commit(IISServerManager* )

at Commit common changes(WebServerAdapter::configHosting line 354)
at configHosting(cdn4.hiir.net)(WebServerAdapter::configHosting line 483)
at configHosting(cdn4.hiir.net)(WebServerManager::configHosting line 3034)
at execute console command --reconfigure-vhost(vconsoleapp::start line 122)
at execute C:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin64\websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost "--vhost-config=tmp83BF.tmp" "--config=<update><bindings/></update>"(vconsoleapp::run line 139)
(Error code 1)

error.jpg

sucess.jpg

This problem may occur when an SSL certificate is not enabled on a domain in IIS (IIS->Certificate) for some reasons, but SSL is enabled in Plesk

Back