• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Let's Encrypt extension

I have set up Let's Encrypt certificate for my domain and by web browser works well, but how can I use it even for ftp? And how can I force the users who visit http to redirect to https?

And how can I force the users who visit http to redirect to https?

Go to hosting settings on a domain and select the "Permanent SEO-safe 301 redirect from HTTP to HTTPS" checkbox.

This option can also be enabled in a Service Plan on a Hosting Parameters tab.

Thank you Igor, but I have the checkbox SSL/TLS support and the dropdown menu to select the certificate, but I don't have the checkbox between them:(

The option is only available on Plesk Onyx. Which Plesk version do you use?

Hi,

you chose "the long way round". Having downloaded the extension to your comp, now you must re-upload the extension to your plesk server:
"Extensions" in left pane - upload extension.

Most people usually would just go "Extensions" - Extensions catalog - and just hit install.

Cheers,Tom

Hi!

I'm trying to install Let's Encrypt certificate but getting an error with following error log:

Error: Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Failed letsencrypt execution: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\python\Lib\runpy.py", line 162, in _run_module_as_main
"__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\python\Lib\runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code
exec code in run_globals
File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\var\modules\letsencrypt\venv\Scripts\certbot.exe\__main__.py", line 5, in <module>
File "d:\program files (x86)\parallels\plesk\var\modules\letsencrypt\venv\lib\site-packages\certbot\main.py", line 14, in <module>
from acme import jose
File "d:\program files (x86)\parallels\plesk\var\modules\letsencrypt\venv\lib\site-packages\acme\jose\__init__.py", line 37, in <module>
from acme.jose.interfaces import JSONDeSerializable
File "d:\program files (x86)\parallels\plesk\var\modules\letsencrypt\venv\lib\site-packages\acme\jose\interfaces.py", line 9, in <module>
from acme.jose import util
File "d:\program files (x86)\parallels\plesk\var\modules\letsencrypt\venv\lib\site-packages\acme\jose\util.py", line 4, in <module>
from cryptography.hazmat.primitives.asymmetric import rsa
ImportError: No module named primitives.asymmetric

What could possibly cause this error?
Thanks in advance!

Hi,

you chose "the long way round". Having downloaded the extension to your comp, now you must re-upload the extension to your plesk server:
"Extensions" in left pane - upload extension.

Most people usually would just go "Extensions" - Extensions catalog - and just hit install.

Cheers,Tom
Ooops, sorry, I forgot to answer. (thanks samR for the new message :D)
So I'm doing it now, it could be useful to someone.
In fact, the Plesk version provided by my provider (OVH, french) was quite an old version, which didn't offer the "extension" menu, so I couldn't upload anything.
But there was a xxxxx menu (I don't remember the name today, but something similar) that list some categories of plugins, with dozens of plugins inside that could be installed with one click. But no Let'sencrypt provided anywhere. So that's why I searched for a workaround.
As I couldn't find any tips, here or elsewhere, I thought that I should try to update my plesk, as there was a new version available from the update menu. This was a little bit tricky, but after that, I had a brand new interface ... with a shiny "Extensions" menu and an upload option.
The issue was over, I could upload the plugin.

Can you (i.e. Plesk Team) add this option to Plesk 12.5.30?

It can really do no harm and it should be an easy fix with a minor micro-update.
You are the well-known person in Plesk community so long and I thought you should know that we implement the new features only in the latest Plesk versions.

You are the well-known person in Plesk community so long and I thought you should know that we implement the new features only in the latest Plesk versions.

Yep, your implementation policy is known to me, otherwise I would not have to ask my (well-intended) question.

But the clear answer "NO" has been given and that is no problem at all, at least not for me.

I am not sure whether other forum members are thinking the same, at least one person was still using the old Plesk 12.5.30 version and did not have the (excellent) option.

I suppose that people with the old Plesk 12.5.30 version should rely on a Nginx based URL rewrite, which can be found on the forum.

Regards.........

Hi bulent,

the Plesk Let's Encrypt Extension should have installed the monthly crontab with the included command:
Code:
/opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/scripts/renew-certificates.php'
Pls. check your scheduled tasks and consider to use the command over the command line ( logged in as user "root" over SSH ). Pls. check errors/issues/problems in the corresponding log - file ( "/var/log/letsencrypt" or/and "/opt/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/logs" )

@plesk team:

Please change the description of the checkbox. It's a bit confusing as it says "Included an alter..", which implies that there might be more to choose from, but it's just the "www" subdomain that is beeing added.

Maybe it could sound like this:
"Include the sub-domain name "www" for the domain (e.g. www.domain.de) and each selected alias."

upload_2017-4-20_9-41-35.png

Thanks!

Code:
/opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/scripts/renew-certificates.php'

It's another script on my server, I guess this was changed when they switched from the Python to a PHP based client?

Code:
/opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/scripts/renew.php'

Last edited:
Hi Danilo Schwabe,

yes, sometimes Plesk changes things from time to time... in such cases, it is necessary, that you check the ( old ) provided suggestion with a command like

Code:
ls -lah /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/scripts

... and change the provided suggestion with the new name of the file. :)

... and if you like the community, just leave a small note, as you did above, so that other Plesk Community users profit from the new information. ;)

Back