• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Let's encrypt fails if used to secure plesk

AdamB

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have multiple servers all running Plesk Onyx and Windows Server 2012 with this issue.

The automated task updates all certificates except the domains on each server that I have used to secure plesk with in the "Tools & Settings" > "SSL/TLS Certificate" > "Certificate for securing Plesk" option.

While this isn't a major issue for me as It works if the certificate is removed from securing plesk, renewed again and then re-added, I was wondering if this to be expected or should this certificate automatically update too?

Hi AdamB,

since the Plesk Let's Encryption v2.0.3, the logs for Let's Encrypt should be written to your Panel - log. Pls. inspect the logs, in order to investigate the root cause, why the certificate couldn't be renewed:

It is as well a very good idea, to provide informations about your current used Plesk version ( incl. #MU ), when you open a thread.

If you desire help with your investigations, pls. don't forget to provide corresponding informations from your log - files. :)

Hi UFHH01

The Plesk Version is 17.5.3 Update #9 but looks like it has been unable to update for the past month or so and may include previous versions/updates.

Code:
[2017-06-17 00:00:31] ERR [extension/letsencrypt] Cannot renew certificate on domain example.co.uk with error: Remove certificate failure: One of the certificates you are going to delete is used for securing Plesk.

The log files don't really give me much more information, which is why I was unsure if this was a bug or intended limitation

Hi AdamB,

pls. consider to open a bug - report at : => Home > Forum > Plesk Discussion > Reports
... and pls. don't forget to mention this thread and it would help as well, if you include your current used Plesk Let's Encrypt extension version. :)

Back