• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Lets Encrypt for www2 domain

toomanylogins

Basic Pleskian
I'm trying to create a staging server for our website using the www2 prefix to the domain abc,com. So my public DNS I have www pointing to our public server which has a let's encrypt certificate and working okay. www2 points to our in-house server And I have a server alias www2.abc.com and I'm trying to create a let's encrypt certificate for www2.abc.com.

In each case the website is the same on each server. I can't seem to find a way to create certificate for www2.abc.com

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Paul

Just making sure - Since you're putting www2 to your in-house server, you are setting up the SSL cert there correct? What panel do you use on your in-house server?

Yes I have plesk onyx as teh pane for the in house server but cannot see how to create a cert using let encrypt extension with www2 prefix

Assuming from your above answers that in your "in house" server you already have a subscription that covers example.com and www.example.com (let's not talk about a domain owned by the ABC Television Network!), what I'll do is to add a domain alias for www2.example.com.

With this in effect you'll be able to request a certificate that covers www2.example.com too (and www.www2.example.com as well, but you you can disregard that...)

Thanks Segio, www is on a public server and www2 is on our inhouse for testing. I have it resolved but only by having nginx
as a proxy on different box serve the ssl not plesk.

Thanks Segio, www is on a public server and www2 is on our inhouse for testing. I have it resolved but only by having nginx
as a proxy on different box serve the ssl not plesk.
Yes that can be a solution too, although not "the Plesk way (tm)"

Maybe above I haven't been clear: what I was proposing was to create the domain alias in your in-house Plesk server only...

Thanks Sergio, I tried as follows. First I created a domain www2.abc.com this didnt work so then I did as you suggest which as was create a domain abc.com with a serveralias www2 this is how I have it setup. However you cannot create the lets encrypt Certificates because it also tries to create www.abc.com at the same time and this resolves to a different IP address therefore you get an error. If you use nginx directly you can create certificate for www2.abc.com only.

Back