• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Let's Encrypt nameserver certificate creation failure

PDXMember

New Pleskian
I am getting the following error when trying to secure Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Update #6:

Code:
Error: Execution letsencrypt-hostname.sh has failed with exit code 1, stdout: , stderr: [2017-05-28 21:55:23] ERR [extension/letsencrypt] Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/scripts/cli.php failed with exit code 1 and the output:
Challenge marked as invalid. Details: Could not connect to ns1.mydomain.com
Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/scripts/cli.php failed with exit code 1 and the output:
Challenge marked as invalid. Details: Could not connect to ns1.mydomain.com

exit status 1

I can directly access the ns1.mydomain.com address from the address bar, I hvae also confirmed it with whatismydns.com checking it to ensure it is facing the proper IP. Nothing in that area has changed for my domain record since Dec. 2016.

My main site that I run, I was able to install LetsEncrypt SSL certificate without issues before this.

I am running on a VPS with CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core)

I guess I should point out - the main site that I am hosting is my blog which is running Wordpress. :)
The ns1.mydomain.com is the main URL for the Plesk installation.

When you
# curl ns1.mydomain.com
on the server you are trying to install the certificate on, does that return the content of your host default page?

No, but I think this might be the issue.

<html>
<head><title>301 Moved Permanently</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx</center>
</body>
</html>

Digging now for where to change this in Plesk.

I think it is redirecting , but not sure where. My main site (Different domain name) forces visitors to use https, but I doubt this would be the cause?

That is definitely the issue, because in that case Let's Encrypt cannot create the files needed to authorize the certificate. Certificates cannot be created on redirected URLs.

Back