• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Let's Encrypt Renewal fails

Oldiesmann

Basic Pleskian
I searched and found several topics about this but nothing that actually mentioned how to resolve it. I keep an email each day saying that the SSL certificate for one of my domains couldn't be renewed...

Skip wildcard certificate renewal for the domain 'my.domain.com'. TXT record could not be created automatically: Dns service is not enabled. Try to renew domain certificate manually.

What DNS service needs to be enabled? BIND is running and another certificate (albeit not a wildcard one) was just renewed on October 15th.

You're writing that Bind is running.
Is it running as a service within Plesk's control or did you install Bind on the Linux server?
If you haven't installed Bind through Plesk, it will not have control over the service.

Is the server the authoratative DNS-server for that specific domain?
If not, you can run all the DNS you want. It will not work.

I don't know if Bind was installed through Plesk or not. This is a standard Ubuntu server that I installed Plesk on using the Plesk installer.

That server should be the authoritative DNS server for that domain - I don't have any other servers.

I have no idea what your expertise is. It is possible you don't know how DNS works together with the fact that no-one dares to publish their real domains and ip addresses it becomes very hard to tell what may be wrong

Back