• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Let's Encrypt: renewal of certificates with manually added add-on domains

ronv

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I'm running a Linux server with the Plesk (Onyx, version 17) LetsEncrypt extension (version 2.5.1). I want to secure some aliases of a subdomain that are defined with the ServerAlias directive in an Apache configuration file. (Note: the reason for this setup is that the Plesk interface doesn't allow to define aliases for subdomains, only for main domains.)

I’ve successfully managed to add domain aliases to a certificate with the -d option on the command-line:

Code:
plesk bin extension --exec letsencrypt cli.php --expand -d sub.domain.com -d subalias1.domain.com -d subalias2.domain.com --webroot-path "/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/sites/sub.domain.com"

So far, so good, but I’m still waiting for the renewal date to see what will happen. I’m wondering: when the certificate will be automatically renewed, will all domain aliases be included again, or will only sub.domain.com be included in the new certificate?

Note: I've noticed this in the release notes for version 1.3 of the LE Plesk extension:
[+] Store CLI options for certificate renewal (issue #46)
...which seems to suggest that the automatic renewal process might remember to renew all add-on domains as well, but I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly (the issue referred to is
Have console command for automated deployment. · Issue #46 · plesk/letsencrypt-plesk · GitHub)

Any clarification would be much appreciated!

Ron

Last edited:
Back