• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Lets Encrypt SSL issued but the website is not secured

maximus99

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS7.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Lets Encrypt SSL issued but the website is not secured

Hi All , I am new to plesk i need some advise here. I am running a plesk version of 18.0.61.2 and the server is new.

No third party application or anything has been installed. But when i try to setup a domain and issued a SSL i was able to . But while accessing the website in the browser it still says unsecured.

No firewall is running in the server. I tried to create a index.php in the DOCROOT and i was able too access it in browser only issue is the SSL is unable to communicate and get the website secure

Is SSL enabled in the Hosting Settings of the domain, and is the correct Certificate selected for the domain?
Schermafbeelding 2024-05-22 163433.png

Rudimentary question but are you actually accessing it over HTTPS and are are all elements being loaded over HTTPS?

It's possible to successfully issue an SSL but if traffic is still being served over HTTP (i.e. not being redirected over HTTP or it's being referenced with HTTP, then it would return that message).

Its just a new setup and we just issued the cert and tried to access the index.hml over browser and it still says unsecured.

No firewall and blocks , Also we can see the ports are open and all are listening
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:7080 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 551646/apache2
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:7081 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 551646/apache2
tcp 0 0 1x.x.x.x:443 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 555028/nginx: maste
tcp 0 0 1x.x.x.x:80 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 555028/nginx: maste

When i try curl from my laptop to that website . i got this error : * schannel: SEC_E_UNTRUSTED_ROOT (0x80090325) - The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted.

Back