• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Let's Encrypt use IdentTrust Intermediate

swd_danielk

New Pleskian
When Let's Encrypt configures a SSL Certificate on a domain the ISRG intermediate is used. For some applications it's required that the certificate chain contains the IdentTrust cross-sign certificates which should be contained in the fullchain.

I tried to find out how Plesk manages the certificates but couldn't figure out how to change the chain order.

Any ideas on how to change this behaviour?
Thanks in advance!

Hi swd_danielk,

pls. have a look at => #2 for further informations. If you desire more help on your topic, pls. consider to ask more specific, because it is unclear at the moment, what you would like to know, or what your goal is.

I think @swd_danielk wants to use a different intermediate certificate in the chain when the certificate comes from Let's Encrypt. But that cannot be possible, because the Let's Encrypt authority would need to be verified by the other trust center in that case. The chain is not determined by the client, but by the certificate issuer.

Thanks for your responses: I'll try to clarify the issue.

I'm running a website that is protected via Let's Encrypt. The chain contains a certificate for the domain itself issued by Let's Encrypt Authority X3 and the certificate for Let's Encrypt Authority X3 by the DST Root CA X3. This Certificate is signed by ISRG Root X1. According to the Let'sEncrypt website the intermediates are cross-signed by IdenTrust and the application I want to use does not know / accept the Let's Encrypt ISRG Root. The support mentioned that the certificate chain should contain the IdenTrust instead of / in addition to the ISRG intermediate in order to get everything working.

I was unable to figure out how to changes this when Plesk manages my certificates

Back