• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Let's Encrypt wildcard SSL in Plesk

voldi

New Pleskian
Hi there,

This is the first time I am using Plesk after years of using cPanel, so please consider me as a newbie ;)

I have some questions, but let me explain my scenario first.
  1. I have a Wordpress multisite in a VPS. Let's use domain www.example.com for this discussion.
  2. In the current apache, I have a wildcard SSL certificate protecting ALL websites under *.example.com
  3. there are 2 types of subdomain in my site. 1) subdomains that point to the site within Wordpress multisite, and 2) subdomains point to a subdirectory under httpdocs/
  4. I want to move this site to AWS Lightsail with Plesk

My Question:
  1. How to apply a Let's Encrypt wildcard SSL certificate in Lightsail (Plesk) before I change the DNS to point example.com to the Lightsail IP? The reason of this is because the site should run from the current server until the last minute when I move it to Lightsail (minimize downtime)
  2. In a Lightsail instance with LAMP, I can apply the Let's Encrypt certificate before I change the DNS by following this guide: Tutorial: Using Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates with your LAMP instance in Amazon Lightsail | Lightsail Documentation. Can I do the same in Lightsail instance with Plesk?
  3. This is related to no 3 above: If I create subdomains under "Websites & Domain" in Plesk, do I need to apply SSL for each and every of the subdomains of example.com, of is there any way to make the SSL wildcard cert to be valid for all of them, since they are all are subdirectories of the same domain?

Additional info:
Web server: Lightsail running Plesk
Hosting: AWS
I have terminal access to the instance
Plesk version: Plesk Obsidian v18.0.20_build1800200114.18

Thanks for your time, I hope you can help me.

Have a nice day.

Sinarta

Back