• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Lets Engrypt - Could not obtain directory: Host must be a string

moswak

Regular Pleskian
CentOS 6.10
Obsidian 18.0.25 Update #2

For a few days now I have received the message, but only from centos 6 servers:

"Could not renew Let`s Encrypt certificates for ...."

Could not obtain directory: Host must be a string

The manual renewal in Plesk works without problems.

What could that be ?

That has something to do with the last update of SSLIT. This seems to cause problems with the old Centos 6.

Code:
[2020-04-14 10:26:02.298] ERR [panel] PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_UTS46 - assumed 'INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_UTS46' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP); File: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/sslit/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Client.php, Line: 221
[2020-04-14 10:26:02.498] ERR [panel] PHP Warning: idn_to_ascii() expects parameter 3 to be int, string given; File: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/sslit/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Client.php, Line: 221
[2020-04-14 10:26:02.714] ERR [extension/sslit] Failed to renew certificate of domain 'xxxxxxxx.TLD': Could not obtain directory: Host must be a string

@IgorG

we have to manually renew dozens of certificates every day. only with centos 6 servers.
I have created a report.

Thank you for your report!
We've reproduced the issue and create bug with id EXTSSLIT-821 which will be fixed in the nearest release.

Changes
1.3.1 (16 April 2020)

• [-] On CentOS 6 servers, automatic renewal of SSL/TLS certificates issued via the Let's Encrypt extension no longer fails. (EXTSSLIT-821)

ok great, then I'll wait and see if such messages still come.

What completely irritates me is that today I get another email notifications regarding the certificates that could not be renewed yesterday "although" the certificates were all manually renewed yesterday.

Back