• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Let's script doesn't works in Plesk 12.5 after unistall a domain and install it again.

Miguel Martínez

New Pleskian
Hi! Plesk users. I have a problem with Let's Scripts and Plesk 12.5.

I deleted one domain and when I need I put this online again but when I went to install the SSL Certificate(by Let's Script button) I had some errors and then I thought maybe if I delete all old certificates for this domain It going to work, but NO.In the plesk windows SSL certificates I don't see anything

Now I have this problem:

Error: Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Failed letsencrypt execution: An unexpected error occurred:
There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new cert :: Too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains:

I think the systems needs that I delete the old certificates and the other files relates to them.

How I can do it? Do you know an automatic way? or command way?

Thanks

PD: Sorry my English is not the best.

Hi Alvin, thanks for your reply Now I know but It i think It's not good that anyone deleted and domain with Let's script and when he or she add the domain again let's script doesn't works....
Then of course I'm waiting 7 days but if when I'll go to put the ssl certificate by Let's script button, doesn't works.What I can to do?
In my opinion the best way to avoid these kind of problem Is remove all the components with the domain also Let's Script certificates...

It is a Plesk problem, Isn't it?

I'll do the same process(after cleaning manually all certificates for this domain) next saturday but If you have an idea of what i can do to avoid this trouble again I'll very happy to hear!!

Thanks,Miguel

Hi Miguel,

All the Let's Encrypt extension does is issue an SSL for you based on your domain and installs it, for your domain, under SSL Certificates. Before you remove a domain (or subscription) in Plesk, you should download the certificate so you can re-install it later. I wouldn't think this is a Plesk issue because the same thing would happen if you used Let's Encrypt command line tools to issue the SSL.

Regards,
Alvin

No, but if you delete a domain in your plesk panel , plesk should to delete the Let's scripts certificates to avoid to the user this problem......
Now I deleted the certificates manually and I reinstalled It and works fine.

I suggest to the Plesk develop team that: Please connect well all the let's scripts system with plesk also the deletion system,thanks.

Thank you.

Hi Miguel Martínez,

Code:
Error: Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Failed letsencrypt execution: An unexpected error occurred:
There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new cert :: Too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains:

This "error" is not really an error, but a limitation from Let's encrypt. There is nothing that Plesk can do about it. Let's encrypt already changed that limit from 5 to 20.

Source: https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/rate-limits-for-lets-encrypt/6769
  • Certificates/FQDNset limits how many certificates can be issued containing the exact same set of Fully Qualified Domain Names. This is limited to 5 certificates per FQDN set per week. For instance, if you requested a certificate for the names [www.example.com, example.com], you could request four more certificates for [www.example.com, example.com] during the week. If you changed the set of names, for instance, by adding [blog.example.com], you would be able to request additional certificates up to the limit set by Certificates/Domain.

Changed at 26.03.2016 to:
  • 20 certificates per registered domain per week (up from 5).
  • Added an exception to this limit for renewing certificates (issuing a new certificate with same names as a previous one).
  • Added a new limit on issuing certificates with the exact same set of names: 5 certificates per FQDN set per week.

A deletion of a domain in Plesk will not result in a deletion of an issued certificate at the Let's encrypt authority, so that your counter for the rate limits won't be reset, if you delete a domain at Plesk.

Hi Miguel Martínez,

Code:

This "error" is not really an error, but a limitation from Let's encrypt. There is nothing that Plesk can do about it. Let's encrypt already changed that limit from 5 to 20.

Source: https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/rate-limits-for-lets-encrypt/6769

Changed at 26.03.2016 to:

A deletion of a domain in Plesk will not result in a deletion of an issued certificate at the Let's encrypt authority, so that your counter for the rate limits won't be reset, if you delete a domain at Plesk.

I know It, I know It.I think you try to avoid your responsability .If you delete a domain from Plesk panel also the Let's script should be deleted ok? If not when you put your domain again the error will appear. Then when you fix It In Plesk anybody won't have this problem again.

Please don't pass the ball to the non-profit organization(Let's script).

Somebody say: "You need to backup the Plesk ssl certificate and put it again" but where is the place in the Linux?No No If I paid for a GUI Administration Panel I don't want to put any command in the bash/terminal........ Do you understand?

Last edited:
Hi Miguel Martínez,

first of all, I would like to state clear, that I'm NOT a Plesk-Team-Member, so
I think you try to avoid your responsability
is absolutely not the case.

Now let's get back to your issue:
Pls. let's investigate, from WHOM and WHY this error message ( rate limit ) is coming from:

=> https://github.com/letsencrypt/boulder/blob/master/ra/registration-authority.go
func (ra *RegistrationAuthorityImpl) checkCertificatesPerFQDNSetLimit(ctx context.Context, names []string, limit cmd.RateLimitPolicy, regID int64) error {
count, err := ra.SA.CountFQDNSets(ctx, limit.Window.Duration, names)
if err != nil {
return err
}
names = core.UniqueLowerNames(names)
if int(count) > limit.GetThreshold(strings.Join(names, ","), regID) {
return core.RateLimitedError(fmt.Sprintf(
"Too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains: %s",
strings.Join(names, ","),
))
}
return nil
}
We are now able to point to the source of the issue, which is the request for an issuance of an certicate, directly from Plesk to the Let's Encrypt authority. The Let's Encrypt authority keeps their own counters and set the rate limits - nothing which you can handle with Plesk, or with the free Plesk - extension.

Please don't pass the ball to the non-profit organization(Let's script).
Well, sorry to point that out again, but Plesk is not setting these rate limits and there is nothing that you could modify over Plesk, or within the free Plesk - extension. If you reach the rate limits, then you have to wait, untill the counter will gets a reset, which is 7 days, after the initial issuance request for this specific set of domains.

Somebody say: "You need to backup the Plesk ssl certificate and put it again" but where is the place in the Linux?
To backup your Let's encrypt certificates, you are able to move to "Home > Extensions Management > Let's Encrypt", click on the desired certificate ( which will direct you to the depending SSL certificate management URL of your domain or subdomain "Home > Domains > SSL Certificates for YOUR_DOMAIN.COm ( or YOUR_SUB_DOMAIN.COM )" ) and you now have the ability to download all depending certificate components in "*.pem" - format:

Download_PEM_certificate.png

Such certificates can be upload over the Plesk GUI, on the same site: Add_certificate.png
( if you need help with that, pls. open a new thread here in forums )

No No If I paid for a GUI Administration Panel I don't want to put any command in the bash/terminal........ Do you understand?
Could you pls. explain, why you think that you have to use the command line?

Back