• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Let'sEncrypt certificate creation fails for subdomain

savedario

New Pleskian
When creating a new domain test.example.com and checking the box 'Secure the domain with Let's Encrypt', Plesk assumes that both:
test.example.com
www.test.example.com
need to be covered by the certificate.
The creation fails for obvious reasons.
It is not a major problem, because one can simply select the newly created domain and request a Let'sEncrypt certificate for it, this time NOT checking the box 'Include a "www" subdomain for the domain and each selected alias' that is not available when creating the domain.
It would make sense, to me, to use the same default on both forms and assume one does not want the 'www' subdomain, perhaps only if the domain being created is already a subdomain.

P.S. I am not creating test.example.com as subdomain of example.com because I want them separate (see this question)

I don't understand what you are actually asking for in this thread. Is there a specific question that can be answered?

I am sorry. I assumed that me choosing the 'Issue' prefix turned this into some kind of ticket system.
My was more a bug report than a forum question/discussion.
Is there a more appropriate site where I can report the 'bug' ?

Back