• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Let'sEncrypt certificate issue

Insurm

New Pleskian
I got a certificate with the Let'sEncrypt thing awhile ago and forgot about it. Then about a month ago it stopped working because it expired.

Plesk says it will automatically renew certificates 30 days before they expire, so that was odd. When I tried to renew it manually, it came up with "Error creating new cert :: too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains urn:acme:error:rateLimited"

I created a new subdomain and tried to get a certificate for it, and that worked fine. I can't figure out why I'm not able to renew the certificate for my main domain.

I asked for help on the Let'sEncrypt forum:

"This error means that the certificate was successfully renewed (at least 5 separate times in the past week!). However, your Plesk plugin for some reason failed to start using it and failed to realize that it had successfully renewed it. When it does, it succeeds, but somehow doesn't realized that it's succeeded. At least, that's the most likely interpretation of that rate limit error."

So it looks like Plesk is just trying to renew it over and over.

Is there a way I can just completely remove the certificate, and then try to install it again rather than renew it?

My certificate expired 6/8 and I get that error every time I try to renew it.
I'm using Plesk 12.5.30

D:

There is a rate limit of 5 certificates per domain per 7 days in place that is set by Let's Encrypt
You can just wait for 7 days and try again.

You can find assigned certificate with

# plesk bin certificate -l -domain domain.com

And then remove it with

# plesk bin certificate -r <cert_name>

A few days ago i posted the same problem. Letsencrypt support says its (maybe) a bug in Plesk.

Then i registered to the letyencypt community board and got this answer:

79_1.png

schoen Certbot engineer / EFF
July 7

You can see here that you have successfully issued a large number of certificates:

https://crt.sh/?Identity=%25kjp-bremicker.de&iCAID=16418

So the problem is that Plesk fails to configure your web server to make use of these certificates, which then leads you to try to get another certificate, with no different result.

I would suggest asking over on the Plesk forums

talk.plesk.com

og_logo.jpg

Plesk Forum
Plesk community discussion forums

You can tell them that you have the "Install certificate failure: Unable to set certificate name" which was supposedly fixed in the past and that apparently this error still continues to occur for you for some reason.

i disabled the use of the cert and use a selfsigned now.

Maybe it helps to wait a few days, switch back to Letsencypt and then try to renew the Letsencryp cert, but still wondering why all other domains work fine with the cert....?

Issue - Lets encnnrypt: Install certificate failure: Unable to set certificate name

7 days later i disabled the (temporarily installed) self signed cert and reinstalled the Letsencrypt cert for the one domain again.
It works.
crt.sh | kjp-bremicker.de
Now the question remains why Plesk could not install the certificate earlier and as many attempts were made which led to a blocking.

I hope these daily attempts are now finished and it will not be blocked again (rate limit of 5 certificates per domain per 7 days).
I will report.

Back