• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue libmysqlclient.so.18: no version information available

MicheleB

Regular Pleskian
Every Monday morning I get this error message by email:

Code:
Cron <root@mydomain> /usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/send-report weekly

/usr/sbin/sendmail: /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.18: no version information available (required by /usr/sbin/sendmail)
/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/sendmail/postdrop: /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.18: no version information available (required by /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/sendmail/postdrop)

How can I fix it?

Apparently not, I've tried to search with "Plesk Components" but I can't find "mysql-devel".
2020-02-24_12-29-15.png

Do I need to install it?

Hi! I'm having the exact same issue, but mysql-devel is installed:

Code:
Package cl-MySQL-meta-devel-5.7.33-1.el7.cloudlinux.x86_64 already installed and latest version

I'm running CloudLinux 7.9, with kernel 4.18.0-147.8.1.el7h.lve.1.x86_64.

I hope someone could point me in the right direction!

First, check that the versions of MySQL and /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.18 match. For example:

Code:
# plesk db "select version();"
+----------------+
| version()      |
+----------------+
| 5.7.29-cll-lve |
+----------------+

# rpm -qf /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.18.0.0
mysqlclient18-5.5.28-6.el7.cloudlinux.x86_64

As you can see there is an outdated MySQL client library. You have to update it.

Open the /etc/yum.repos.d/cl-mysql.repo file.

Under [mysqclient] section change the line from

enabled=0

To

enabled=1

Verify that repository for [mysqclient] is enabled:

Code:
# yum repolist enabled | grep mysqlclient
mysqclient/7/x86_64            mysqlclient                                     7

Remove the mysqlclient18 package:

Code:
# yum remove mysqlclient18

Install the mysqlclient18-compat package:

Code:
# yum install mysqlclient18-compat

Hi! Even though this removed the warning and stopped it from being sent after every cron run, it ended up breaking postfix. The following error was cleared only after I rolled back the steps suggested by IgorG:

Code:
postfix: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.18: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This was a severe error that prevented postfix from starting, leaving the mail service unusable, while what I was trying to fix didn't cause any perceivable issue.

Be warned of this before proceeding with the suggested fix.

Back