• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Licence Expired Clarifcation

toomanylogins

Basic Pleskian
Good morning, I have been using Plesk for many years. However I have archived a number of virtual machines with multiple domains. I was always under the impression that if the licence expired the sites would still be served and we could gain access via winscp and the cms admin panel if needed.

I have just rebooted an old VM with an expired licence and it seems the sites are not being served. If I go to port 80 I get the default Plesk page so Apache is running. And if I go to the Plesk admin I get the Plesk licence page. All of which is fair enough. However I do not want to buy licences for old archived sites.

Is it correct that for an expired license Plesk no longer serves the pages ? I was under the impression that only the Plesk administration was disabled.
I'm getting connections refused for the webserver but can login via winscp.
Thanks
Paul

Even if a Plesk license is terminated, websites will not be affected. An error will be shown, and the Plesk interface will not be accessible.

Back