• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Licence Expired Clarifcation

toomanylogins

Basic Pleskian
Good morning, I have been using Plesk for many years. However I have archived a number of virtual machines with multiple domains. I was always under the impression that if the licence expired the sites would still be served and we could gain access via winscp and the cms admin panel if needed.

I have just rebooted an old VM with an expired licence and it seems the sites are not being served. If I go to port 80 I get the default Plesk page so Apache is running. And if I go to the Plesk admin I get the Plesk licence page. All of which is fair enough. However I do not want to buy licences for old archived sites.

Is it correct that for an expired license Plesk no longer serves the pages ? I was under the impression that only the Plesk administration was disabled.
I'm getting connections refused for the webserver but can login via winscp.
Thanks
Paul

Even if a Plesk license is terminated, websites will not be affected. An error will be shown, and the Plesk interface will not be accessible.

Back