1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

License Key Auto-renewal

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by nulleffect, Mar 19, 2007.

1. nulleffect

nulleffect Guest

Hi. I own Plesk 8.1 and currently have it deployed on one machine in the US. This server is to be disconnected, as I have purchased a new dedicated machine in Australia.

I have installed Plesk and attempted to install the license key, but it appears to have expired. I have searched the forums and SwSoft website and this appears to be a measure against theft etc, and the license should auto renew.

How do i renew the key so I can install it onto the new server. I have tried using "Retrieve Keys" in the license management part of plesk on the original server, which says it is now valid until July 2007.

Do i have to pay? If so, why?

2. dirty@

dirty@ Guest

contact swsoft sales and ask them to re-send the license to your email (if you really own the license).. the received license will be the latest updated one..

3. nulleffect

nulleffect Guest

Thanks. Yes I do own the license, i have the original receipts/proof of purchase & the email containing the original license key, + welcome emails from Plesk.

4. nulleffect

nulleffect Guest

How do I contact SwSoft sales? I do not have a support contract, but this should be trivial.. thanks

5. Dmitry Frantsev

Dmitry Frantsev Golden Pleskian

57%
  6. nulleffect

nulleffect Guest

Thanks ^^ Wasnt sure if it required an active support license or not. The issue has been resolved and i appreciate your reply.