• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved License key disappeared

sergiomb

Basic Pleskian
Hi very strange today at T02:45 UTC, plesk , says Error: The license key is invalid. ...
I checked, /etc/sw/keys/keys directory is empty the /etc/sw/keys/registry.xml says
remove_time 20170415T02:45:28 .
How I recover plesk and license key ?

running
/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php UpdateKeys
[2017-04-15 06:17:45] ERR [panel] Error: There is no main license key installed
[2017-04-15 06:18:58] ERR [panel] Error: Unable to retrieve custom properties: the license key does not exist.

<value><struct>
<member><name>history</name>
<value><array><data>
<value><struct>
<member><name>key_number</name>
<value><string>PLSK.xxxxxxxxxx</string></value></member>
<member><name>key_product_name</name>
<value><string>plesk-unix</string></value></member>
<member><name>key_server_url</name>
<value><string>https://ka.plesk.com:5224/xmlrpc</string></value></member>
<member><name>remove_time</name>
<value><dateTime.iso8601>20170415T02:45:28</dateTime.iso8601></value></member>
</struct></value>

Last edited:
Hi sergiomb,

you should consider to inform us, if you purchased the Plesk license over Plesk, or if the license has been provided by your server hoster. At each of these two cases, you should be able to download the key - file either over the Control Panel of your server hoster, or over the Plesk Shop. In addition, you might have received an "Activation Key", with which it is simpler to re-install your license over:

HOME > License Management > (Menu Button) Install Key

Hello, thanks for the quick answer
The license has been provided by my server hoster, I migrate the host from an old ubuntu (maybe 11.04) to centos7 , I got one license in the backups that permits migration and expired in 10 of march.

cp keyXXoWSZXV /etc/sw/keys/keys
/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php UpdateKeys
[2017-04-15 16:56:15] ERR [panel] KeyUpdate Result code: 2 Unspecified error
[2017-04-15 16:56:15] ERR [panel] KeyUpdate Result desc: This license key is detected as terminated. No further actions with this license key are allowed
[2017-04-15 16:57:38] ERR [panel] Error: Unable to retrieve custom properties: the license key does not exist.
ls -l /etc/sw/keys/keys
total 0

So I suspect because I did one reboot yesterday , somehow detect that license is expired and remove it , so I think it was a problem of expired license and I think what I need is ask to a new license key to "server hoster" ? this shouldn't autorenew automatically ? anything that I can do to try renew the license ? etc

Thanks in advance.

Back