1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

license monitoring

Discussion in 'Sitebuilder 4.2 for Linux' started by arekm, Jul 8, 2008.

1. arekm

arekm Guest

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to remotely monitor if my sitebuilder site still has valid license. Do you know some way to get that information via simple tools like wget, curl or something?

Currently when license expires it's clearly visible after logging in into Admin panel. The problem is unfortunately with automating this check.

2. Dmitry Frantsev

Dmitry Frantsev Golden Pleskian

57%
    Which license type do you have? Actually, permanent license should be updated automatically. If automatic update does not work you better figure out what the problem is to avoid additional checking procedures. Generally, Sitebuilder server connects to key administrator server and checks if license is fine or not. It is done through 5224 port.

It is not quite understand why you need this, anyway, as I know there is no such a method which could be used remotely. You can probably get necessary information as license expiration date from sitebuilder3.license_key table.

Try to check also remote API docs http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.2.0/doc/api/dev_guide/en_US/html/ probably you can find something there, but I am not sure.