• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Like stepping back from upgrading to Plex Onyx 17?

Dj Master V

Basic Pleskian
Like stepping back from upgrading to Plex Onyx 17?
After updating Plesk from version 16 to the new Onyx 17 the server became very slow, I have countless error messages 503, the backup manager does not work and I can not do the restore. everything is blocked.
How can I go back without losing all domains and the data we have on the server?
Use Centos 7
thank you

Hi Dj Master V,

as far that I know, Plesk doesn't support downgrades to a previous Plesk Control Panel version.

If you would like to roll back to a previous version, consider to use a full server backup with a fresh Plesk Control Panel installation.

If you would like help with your current issues/errors/problems, you should consider to post depending log - file entries and maybe as well depending configuration files from your vhosts. Pls. open a NEW thread with the current issues/errors/problems, so that the thread title meets the content then. :)

I thank you for the answer, but at this time the problems to be solved with this new version of Plesk are so many and the one that urges me most is to put on line my stores. And I'm afraid of losing all the data contents that are 10 hours I try to download the backup without get to the end, all this slowly because of Plesk Onyx 17. Any suggestion to restore the previous version is welcome.
Thank you

Ciaoooo, someone can help me to return to the previous version of Plesk? This is the log file.
thank you

Attachments

• 1b5797cd-8ab7-7e4b-bc9c-35f93a0a8439.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 4
Hi Dj Master V,

did you actually TRY to read the log - file?

Exception: Failed to solve dependencies:
plesk-php56-release-5.6.28-centos7.16111112.x86_64 requires plesk-php56 = 5.6.28-centos7.16111112

Try to use the following SSH - command ( logged in as user "root" ):
Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components
OR
Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --remove-component php5.6

followed by:

plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component php5.6

In addition, you are able to use the Plesk repair utility, with the example commands ( logged in as user "root" ):
Code:
plesk repair installation -y -v

or/and

plesk repair all -y- v
Each repair process creates as well a repair - log, which you are able to investigate ( /var/log/plesk/ ).​

Thanks but i have this answer about system
BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process.
exit status 1
but in reality there is no update in progress

Hi Dj Master V,

there might be already an installer - instance running. Pls. check your current processes with the command:
Code:
ps aux | grep installer

"Kill" the depending pid - files with the "kill -9 XXXX" command, where "XXXX" stands for the unique PID-FILE-NUMBER ( = Number in the second row of the ps - command - output, right after the user, who runs the process ) and repeat your previous "plesk installer ... " - command.

this is the answer

root 22437 0.0 0.0 112648 968 pts/0 S+ 16:12 0:00 grep --color=auto installer

I can install version 12 of plesk?

Hello 10 hours I try to download the backup files from 80gb to 10gb and arrived there is one other way to download it without going through the Plesk control panel?

Hello, unfortunately, the utility will repair fails to complete and correct mistakes, I tried to reinstall version 12 of plesk but I always part of the installation of the Onyx version, how do I delete or choose which to install.
thank you

Hi Dj Master V,

to choose other versions, than the latest Plesk release, you are able to list ALL VERSIONS with the example option:

plesk installer --all-versions

astra4772:~# plesk installer --all-versions
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller: unrecognized option '--all-versions'

ERROR: An unknown option was specified. Run Plesk Installer with the --help-options option to see options available in the option-based interface you are using.

exit status 1

Hi Dj Master V,

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller: unrecognized option '--all-versions'
Pls. be informed, that when you use "copy&paste" for commands that you found over the internet, that these copied commands might include HTML/BB-CODE - formats, which you can't see, when you paste it directly on your SSH - command line. The ( possible ) command options might be stripped due to these ( invisible ) code(s) and commands might not be successfully executed with all command options. If you experience such issues, pls. consider to copy the WHOLE commands FIRST into an ASCII - Editor ( "notepad.exe" for example on Windows systems ), before your copy them again FROM THERE, to paste them into your SSH - command line. To avoid such issues/problems completely, pls. consider TO TYPE the commands, instead of using "copy&paste". ;)

Run Plesk Installer with the --help-options option to see options available in the option-based interface you are using.
... and? Did you use the "--help" option, to see, if my suggested command is valid? :)

the only version that is with ./plesk-installer --all-version command is 17.
I do not have the option to choose other versions

Hi Dj Master V,

I hope that you are not at the point, where you want to "over - install" a current Plesk - version with another Plesk - version - this is NOT supported and will not work!
as far that I know, Plesk doesn't support downgrades to a previous Plesk Control Panel version.

Hi Dj Master V,

if you seem to think, that you might "trick" your operating system, by removing all Plesk - components and services, you might be surprised that this will as well not work, because of dependencies and configurations to other services installed on your server. Fact is, you have to re-install your server ( "fresh installation", mostly done over the Control Panel from your hosting provider ).

Back