1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Limit cc in pleks's qmail

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by xeroworld, Oct 8, 2007.

1. xeroworld

xeroworld Guest

Hello.
    I want to limit cc adressess for my clients to about 100 adresses. The thing is i can't find any qmail's config file where i can change it. I also searched in PLESK - nothing.

Any idea where/how can i change it?

2. xeroworld

xeroworld Guest

Any help?:)

3. ziba@

ziba@ Guest

Plesk does not have such setting but you can try achieving this by manually creating /var/qmail/control/maxrcptcount
    and defining maximum number of RCPT TOs you accept before permanently rejecting this delivery attempt.
    http://www.qmail-ldap.org/wiki/MAXRCPTCOUNT
    E.g.:
    echo 100 > /var/qmail/control/maxrcptcount
    You may need to restart qmail so that this change is applied.
    Hope this helps.

4. omid

omid Guest

some question

hi
    i have problem by timeout setting of qmail.
    if a host of email can not find, an email remain in server for 5 or 7 days without any warn or notify.
    how can i change this timeout setting?
    i change senadmail.cf in /etc/mail
    but notthings happend.
    pls help

5. anb_t

anb_t Guest

Re: some question

You should change the queuelifetime qmail parameter. "man qmail-control" and "man qmail-send" helps you.

man qmail-control
    ========================================
    You can change the behavior of the qmail system by modifying qmail's control files in /var/qmail/control.

man qmail-send
    queuelifetime
    Number of seconds a message can stay in the queue. Default: 604800 (one week). After this time expires, qmail-send will try the message once more, but it will treat any temporary delivery failures as permanent failures.

./anb