• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Limiting subscription vs domains

Laurence@

Regular Pleskian
I want a reseller to be able to create 1 or 2 extra subscriptions but also be allowed to create unlimited add-on domains. I see no way in Plesk to be able to achieve this. If I set Domain limit to 2 and the client creates an add-on domain they can no longer create a new subscription.

Am I missing something?

Yes, add-on domain is counted as the regular domain in the scope of the limit of Reseller's Service Plan. Unlimited add-on domains mean unlimited domains.

It is pretty dumb to count add-on domains as Subscriptions. Add-on domains share the resources of its main subscription. A subscription has its own resource pool. Apples and oranges. A crappy solution for us for a client with a multiple domains account - say 3 domains (subscriptions), is to create placeholders for them and disable managing of domains. This also means they can't create add-on domains if they so choose and would have to contact us for every add-on domain they want to add.

Back