• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Links not Working in WPB 11

Will-NYESDigital

Regular Pleskian
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0.9 MU #8 CentOS 6.3 (Final) 64bit

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
Links on websites created in Web Presence Builder are not working when the website is viewed using Internet Explorer 8

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Two example sites/pages are http://www.barlbyhigh.n-yorks.sch.uk/news/ and http://www.fountains-earth.n-yorks.sch.uk/newsletters/

Click on any of the links using IE8 and the links do not work. Use IE9, Firefox or Chrome and the links appear to work fine.

ACTUAL RESULT
Link fails to open

EXPECTED RESULT
PDF document will open or link to another site / page will open

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
We have noticed this since upgrading to CentOS 6.3 and PLESK 11 (from 10.4.4). The examples given above are all document links, but links to other pages / sites behave in the same way. It is not just a document link problem.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having done some research I have identified the problem is with the CSS code. The piece of code that creates the gradient background for the watermark seems to be at fault. If you remove the gradient watermark and select a solid colour (as I have done on the above barlby site) all the hyperlinks begin working again.

.background10-black
progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src="../images/background10-black.png?template=generic",sizingmethod=scale,enabled=true)

Last edited:
Hi Russel,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We will try to reproduce it internally and schedule a fix.

Last edited:
Hi,

We've fixed this bug and we'll release the fix in one of the upcoming microupdates.

Hi skiline,

Have you installed all the latest microupdates for your 11.0.9 installation?

Sorry, I installed WPB 11.0 Standalone, not of Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0.9.
How do I update it? Thank you!

Back