• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

List of Bugs in Plesk 7.5 Reloaded

H

Heywood

Just how many bugs are there in Plesk 7.5 Reloaded for Unix? Let's make a list! Please feel free to join in!

- Spamassassin configuration doesn't update .qmail files properly
- SSL certificate installation doesn't work for main site or for qmail-smtp TLS-- must be installed manually
- Event manager doesn't send <old_mailname> data during Mailname changed event.
- Password changing in webmail doesn't work (says "Password Changed" but nothing changes)

Sure is a pretty user interface, though...:mad: :mad: :mad:

Can't forget that "bug" that they say is fixed in the not-yet-released version, that causes the server to damn near puke all over itself when you log in as admin...

What do you mean Nightstorm? I just started to consider upgrading to Plesk 7.5 from 7.1.6.

7.5.1 has a bug where when the admin logs in, it does an update check on all the PSA rpms. This delays the login by about 15-25 seconds. This happens eventhough its disabled in the CP and in the PSA db. Thats all though.:rolleyes:

Here's another bug:

- Try to forward a domain (say, "email.domain.tld") to it's https equivalent (say, "https://email.domain.tld:8443")-- Plesk says "can't forward domain to itself". Of course this is a perfectly valid forwarding, and if you modify the records in the database yourself and then convince Plesk to update the httpd.include file (and THEN restart the httpd daemon manually, since it manages to get THAT wrong TOO), it works just as you might expect-- and prevents your customers from having to remember the port number to get to the Plesk login screen.

Originally posted by Heywood
- Password changing in webmail doesn't work (says "Password Changed" but nothing changes)

I know from previous experience, using Horde to attempt to change the password required me to include the domain name (i.e. [email protected]) to change the password. Granted, it'll tell you it's changed if you don't, but I had successful attempts tacking that on in previous versions. I've yet to need to check it on 7.5.1, so I cannot say for sure that it is fixed or is still an issue, regardless, that's an extra step that I shouldn't have to take. So, I'd still consider it an issue, maybe not quiet a bug, but a issue just the same.

The problem I'm getting with changing a password in horde is that poppassd is returning a "500 server error". This is after successfully authenticating to the poppassd program (I tried it just running poppassd from the command line and got the same result). The version of poppassd that runs is psa-specific, so I don't know what it's trying to do. It doesn't seem to respond to the standard poppassd command-line switches.

I upgraded to 7.5.1 with no problems. Then did a kernel upgrade from 2.4.25 - 2.6.9 and rebooted (which I hadn't done after the Plesk upgrade) and now when I login as admin it takes a good couple of minutes before I get in, if at all.

A strange thing though, when I press the login button again, while I'm waiting for to login, I get in fast but it says multiple sessions are open.

Anyone know how to fix the long wait time for admin login?

the long time waitings for login is completelly normal on psa 7.5.1, i havent had just one fast log in since i upgraded, any way i am not in a hurry of logging in any way.

;)

take a read up here this thread, it seems it is a bug about a rpm check or something.

regards,

Hi,

as I was told by SWsoft support and already mentioned this earlier here, SWsoft seemed to have worked on this login delay issue and it should be fixed in upcoming 7.5.2. So now I am waiting for 7.5.2 :)

Regards,

Pink

I could wait for that as well, but guess what. My updater no longer works. When I login as admin, click on updater it just hangs forever at the please wait.. loading screen.

How am I going to upgrade to 7.5.2 if my updater is broken? Arg, any ideas on fixing the updater? :confused:

You could always download the rpm and update via ssh if your updater is not working ..

I don't care about the long login .. I want the damn other bug fixed .. like spam and horde etc cuz I am hearing about it everyday from my client complaining they not working ..

Bill

I run daily backups via FTP to another server and when I get the reports from Plesk often times it will tell me the backup completed, but will show me in the email that I should NOT use the dump!?!

Alos I noticed that the backup from one night to another is not consistent.. usualy the dump backs up the user settings, the hosting settings and then the emails and databases..... well sometimes I look at the backup confirmation e-mail and it has left out several databases or has not backed up either user settings or hosting settings....

What gives?

Well I solved all my problems re updater not working, and slow / non functional admin login by downgrading to my previous kernel. Thats what started all this **** anyway. Now everything is perfect again.

Re the backup issues, I don't use the dump feature, I made a little script that downloads all the vhosts, plesk, boot, etc, mail and other directories in tar format.

I just recently purchased and installed TotalBackup by www.4psa.com and have yet to test it out. Looks good so far though, it totally integrates into Plesk and allows you to specify a remote server to send your backups too. Best of all it backs up all the necessary components for you.

Back