• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Loading certificates

iainh

Basic Pleskian
A small point, but one I believe improves understanding of what's going on...

Under certificate management, there are options to "Upload the certificate files" or "Upload the certificate as text", but then the relevant submit buttons are marked "Send Files" and "Send Text". "Send"??

Surely under the "Upload the certificate files"section, a button marked "Upload certificates" would be much more self-explanatory than "Send Files"? Send what files, where? You want to upload the cert, so why not mark the button; "Upload Certificates"?

Also on the upload section, why not put some advice that Plesk expects a .crt file for the "Certificate" and the CA bundle for the "CA Certificate". It just makes it that much more understandable if you add something about what is expected where.

And then for the copy+paste of the certs, why "Send Text"? Sure "Save Certificates" would be more explanatory? Take this very form for instance. Is the submit button marked "Send Text" or "Create Thread"? Which better explains the action of the button? So why then "Send Text" and not "Save Certificates"?

And as a final note, the copy+paste section is marked: "Upload the certificate as text". Note that is is "certificate" singular, whereas what's actually requestes is the leaf cert + the CA root and intermediate certificates, and so surely this section should be; "Upload the certificates as text" - note; certificateS (plural) as you are saving more than one. It might be even clearer to mark this section as "Save Certificates as Text" as you're not really 'uploading' anything, simply transmittinf form data. I'm not going to 'upload' the comment for instance, I'm going to POST (or save) it...

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We will correct the text in the GUI in one of our upcoming releases.

Back