• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Local ISP routing

P

peterson40

I have a shared server setup on a static IP through my ISP. Everyone can access the websites on my server, except for all the users on our same local ISP. I am not sure what questions to ask how I can make our servers available to everyone. Is this a DNS issue? I don't know why every other ISP can access our servers except our own. Thanks in advance for any direction you can point me.

Tim

What is the error from the browser?

Are your ISP IP's being blocked at the firewall level? Easy way to check, turn off the firewall briefly and see if you can then browse to the server domains. Remember to turn the firewall back on.

If it's a DNS issue, try browsing directly to the domain's IP, if you can by IP but not by domain name, then it is a DNS issue.

I just tried a new router and I thought I would let you know what happened... I can finally access the router homepage (if i do the alternative 88 port) from the same ISP. However, it seems to stop there. I cannot access the plesk admin page, other websites, ftp etc from the same ISP. It works fine from everywhere else. Also, I just learned that users with a static IP with the ISP can access the website, it is just the DCHP users which go out on two different IP addresses. Could plesk block routing from their internal IP addresses?

Thanks

Originally posted by peterson40
I just tried a new router and I thought I would let you know what happened... I can finally access the router homepage (if i do the alternative 88 port) from the same ISP. However, it seems to stop there. I cannot access the plesk admin page, other websites, ftp etc from the same ISP. It works fine from everywhere else. Also, I just learned that users with a static IP with the ISP can access the website, it is just the DCHP users which go out on two different IP addresses. Could plesk block routing from their internal IP addresses?

Thanks
Plesk itself won't block IP's, the server's firewall might, however it would not be 'seeing' their internal LAN IPs, but would be 'seeing' one of the external IPs which the router is using.

I was not aware you were having other 'issues' with the router, glad that you have resolved at least that issue.

Sounds more like the issue of rotating (proxy) IPs, which has been covered in other threads. To access the Plesk interface, you should use a single IP connection (static or not) as long as the IP does not change (which your router is probably doing) from the beginning connection to the end of the session. This would also explain why those with static IPs are not having this problem.

Back