• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Logical sequence of content

dave-ha

Regular Pleskian
On a two column layout the side column appears first in the HTML code followed by the content of the main column. This is perfect for layouts where the navigation is in a side column.

However, the same sequence is illogical for 2- or 3-column layouts with a horizontal navigation menu where the main column usually contains more relevant information than the side column(s). It should therefore be first in the HTML code but actually it isn't. (Tested with WPB 11.0.10.)

Why does the logical sequence of content matter?

Because on small screens the columns are positioned vertically. Mobile users currently see the less important content of the side column first. Check out such a layout on a mobile phone.

It is also relevant to meet web accessibility standards, see W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-WCAG20-20081211/#content-structure-separation-sequence

@Parallels: Do you plan to change it in a future release and what workaround do you suggest in the meantime? Thanks.

Thank you.
We have a plans for adaptation WPB for mobile devices and your request can be considered in scope of this adaptation. I have forwarded your request to developers as feature request (RT #1717417 for your reference)

dave-ha, I'll add that WPB 11.5 sites already have many optimizations for mobile devices. On small screens columns are visible after content.

Thanks a lot, Egor. That is good news. So, I will wait for my hoster to upgrade to Plesk/WPB 11.5.

Back