• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

login script for sitebuilder websites?

R

ryancochran

Hey there,

I am trying to create website in sitebuilder that has some pages that I would like to require to be logged in to view. I notice there is a script editor module in sitebuilder, is this where i put some code to create a login? I take it that the pages that require access after being logged in need coding as well. has anyone done this yet or is it possible to do with this program? If so how is this achieved and does anyone have a sample code i could try out.
I have the latest version of sitebuilder.

thank you in advance, very stumped...

First of all you can not perform this function in the current version of Site Builder, I beleive it will be available in version 3. Hopefully soon.

The only way, is to use a program such as Dreamwaver to create the login script then copy the HTML code into Site Builder. Please note if you wish to hold user names and passwords you would need to use mySQL or a database of some sort.

is the only place to edit code in the script module in site builder? I get what you're saying about edit in in dreamweaver. l've learned that whenever i make changes in dreamweaver and ftp my siteup it works good, but then when i use sitebuilder again it overrwrites all my changes. so i'm thinkin i have to always 'paste' my code in sitebuilder but then where do i paste these codes...right in the script editor module every time? just curious because it seems i can only put the module in the body of my pages and some of the scripts are in the head etc....?? just a little confused on how it works, wow is that ever good news they may integrate it into version 3! i wonder when the release of that is?

Within Site Builder you can paste any copied code into the script function. It works very well.

oh cool thank you for your help! do i include the head tags etc..and when it's in the body..body tags?

Yes, I will include all the code, preview it in Site Builder then delete bits if it is not working the way you want it to work. I have used it and it works fine. Good luck !!!!!

Back