• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue long time Anti-Virus scan for many recipients

enduser

Basic Pleskian
Environment:
Plesk 12.5.30 with dr.web anti-virus
CentOS 7.2
one domain (e.g. abc.com)
100 email users that have enabled all incoming email scanning with anti-virus

If I send one email with attachment from [email protected] to 20 x [email protected], SMTP is the server itself, Plesk will scan the email for 20 times. If there are 40 recipients which are @abc.com , then Plesk will scan for 40 times. Secondly, the SMTP connection doesn't end until all 40 scanning finish, so my Outlook need to wait these 40 scanning to finish the sending process, this may take 5 minutes or even more if many attachment in a single email.

Seems it is wasting server's resource and suddenly create huge CPU loading. I was using qmail with simscan+ClamAV in my other server (not Plesk), anti-virus only scan one time for one SMTP connection (even 40 recipients), but not 40 times for one SMTP connection .

Is there anything can do to optimize/config it? If this cannot be fixed, whether Plesk cannot handle hundreds email users with anti-virus enabled?

Yes, I confirm, it is old known problem. Could you please fill this template with all necessary details? I will submit this report to developers.

Thanks IgorG, here are the details

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 with drweb-bases-6.0.2.4-1302271534pleskel5.noarch, CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611, x86_64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
long time multiple Anti-Virus scan for many internal recipients

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Create a domain abc.com
2. create 20 email addresses [email protected] ... [email protected]
3. Enable Anti-Virus for 20 email addresses
4. Send an email from [email protected] to 19 recipients: [email protected] ... [email protected] with attachment via SMTP of Plesk

ACTUAL RESULT
1. Virus scan will be performed for 19 times for each recipient
2. huge CPU loading if more attachments or more recipients

EXPECTED RESULT
Virus scan should be performed for 1 time at SMTP level

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Just check again, the problem still exist in most updated version at this time......any schedule to fix the problem?

Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 with drweb-bases-6.0.2.4-1302271534pleskel5.noarch, CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611, x86_64

Just check again, the problem still exist in most updated version at this time......any schedule to fix the problem?

Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 with drweb-bases-6.0.2.4-1302271534pleskel5.noarch, CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611, x86_64
Thank you. I have updated PPPM-5709 with your case. But I have no ETA when it will be fixed.

Back