• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Losing Content After Login

L

liveoakhosting

We have just installed SiteBuilder and have run into an issue. We have created our first site and successfully published it. Unfortunately, every time we log in, we lose the previously published content for the News & Events page. We add the content, click Save Changes, then Publish the site. It shows up without any problems. When we log back into SiteBuilder, the News & Events page is back to the default. We also lose the Company Name and website URL in the Information tab as well.

Any ideas what might be causing this issue? The natives are getting restless.

Thank You,

Andy

It looks like your sitebuilder work directory was deleted. Please contact your hosting provider engineers regarding this issue.

You mean the working directory in my hosting account? The issue must be with the SiteBuilder configuration. After I log back into SiteBuilder, ALL of my settings have been reset. The template I chose is still selected, but the variables for Title, URL, etc. along with my page structure and content are all reverted back to the basic structure.

I am the hosting provider as well so I have full access to both the publishing server and the SiteBuilder server.

I have tested this on two distinct SiteBuilder sites under two different domains with identical results.

I'm pulling out what little hair I have left. This is just craziness.

Thanks,

Andy

I'm having the same problem. Did you got what could have cause this error? Would be very thankful for every advice.

I currently have a problem where after you publish, only on 1 client, the rest of the pages navigation don't go to index.html for the home page.. I have to manually edit the html for the client..

liveoak, what version of SB you running?

-poke
PSA 7.5.2
SB 1.1.1
ES 3

Actually, it's just a terrible user interface. The Site Identity is only required when trying to recover a Guest site. Once the user has an account on the system, they SHOULD NOT use the site identity any longer. Their username/server/password combo will pull their original site template, whereas adding the site identity value recovers their original Guest version.

Have Fun!

Andy

Back