• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Lost permissions to IUSR_* all time

D

DanivalBrazil

My plesk 8.6 lost permissions to user IUSR_*, and then sites prompt password.

I add permissions to user manually in the folder httpdocs, but if I execute websrvmng.exe to reconfigure domain, it lost permission again.

How to fix permissions to one site?

We're having the same issues. 8.6 is crazy buggy, especially if you're on 2008.

I've got the same thing going on. Is there any way to make plesk always give all three PLESK users full control over a website's httpdocs? I'm on 2003 and from what it sounds like, parallels is behind the curve on 2008.

Same problems over here...

Some sites keep working, others lose permittions, rebuild them manual, but after 24 hours. it is gone again...

Please Solution !!!

Me too. Windows 2003. It started back in July when I ran the Plesk reconfigurator to repair disk permissions. A few sites lost their anonymous access.

After the 8.6.0.1 about 25% of sites on that server lost anonymous access. Very annoying to have to repair. Strangely the customer with the most sites didn't have any problems, but customers with fewer sites did.

I reported this in the forum back in July with no response.

Hello,

We experienced this same issue after installing Patch to upgrade 8.6.0.1.

Nor Plesk check component & folder permissions nor Plesk correct disk permissions worked.

We corrected it moving the files named ".Security" that you can find in the root folder of every domain (for example, "/inetpub/vost/mydomain.com/.Security") to another folder. Later, through Plesk control panel, went to domain list and checked every domain where we were having problems, and checked their permissions. That restored the ".Security" file and corrected the issue.

That worked for us, hope this helps!

Not 100% certain if it's related but the Dimac Jmail control stopped working at around the same time. Permissions were set to deny access to group psacln, which of course broke it.

more permissions issues

We've also had the plesk SQLEXPRESS database refuse to start because psaserv had an ACL of Deny Everything, ahead of NETWORK SERVICE.

I just found a domain whose home dir c:\inetpub\domain.com doesn't have permission for the user or the IUSR_user so they can't log in with FTP.

Something is very wrong with this release.

Followup...

Opened a ticket to report this. Was offered no solution or workaround, but told that during the next release I should manually run the installer with a flag to prevent any further permissions changes.

I have another ticket open now. Hopefully they will be helpful this time.

Hello,

We experienced this same issue after installing Patch to upgrade 8.6.0.1.

Nor Plesk check component & folder permissions nor Plesk correct disk permissions worked.

We corrected it moving the files named ".Security" that you can find in the root folder of every domain (for example, "/inetpub/vost/mydomain.com/.Security") to another folder. Later, through Plesk control panel, went to domain list and checked every domain where we were having problems, and checked their permissions. That restored the ".Security" file and corrected the issue.

That worked for us, hope this helps!

Thanks, but this didn't work for me...

I will say that the only sites this problem cropped up for were sites that we migrated from IIS using the migration manager. The sites which we created using the Control Panel were not affected.

I am kinda stumped... Any other ideas?

Back