1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

lots of spamc running

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by tkalfaoglu, Apr 2, 2012.

1. tkalfaoglu

tkalfaoglu Regular Pleskian

68%
    Hi there. On my PLESK 9 installation, I had installed qmail-scanner-queue.pl and clamd, and of
    course the usuals like spamassassin.
    My spamd is set to have 3 children, but I noticed that hundreds of spamc lines are present in "ps ax" such as

20529 ? S 0:00 sh -c /usr/bin/spamc -t 120 -s 256000 -U /tmp/spamd_full.sock -R > /var/spool/qscan/working/new/panel.blah.net133335574679014390.spamc

Right now I have 450 such processes..

How can I limit this simultanous scanning requests?

Many thanks, -turgut

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  2. SalvadorS

SalvadorS Regular Pleskian

90%
    I had same issue in the past. With also high load on the server. I unistalled spamassasin to fix the issue.

Regards

3. tkalfaoglu

tkalfaoglu Regular Pleskian

68%
    Thanks - but didn't you drown in spam afterwards?

4. SalvadorS

SalvadorS Regular Pleskian

90%
    In my case Spamassassin was activated by itself. My 9.5.4 plesk don´t have licence for spamassassin however one day started to work... (Plesk things you know...)

The problems caused by spamassassin were more important that the beneficts on the server. Less spam against high load (from 2-3 to 11-15 in the rush hours) and lots of proccess.

So we uninstall it and was a good decision for us.

Regards