• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail Anti Spam & Anti Virus

9musashi

Basic Pleskian
I had SpamAssasin & Odin Premium Antivirus on Plesk 12.5.30 - questions:

1. How do I enable "Switch on spam filtering for this email address " & "Switch on antivirus protection for this email address " by default ? so I dont have to tick it on for every mail address ? (see image attached)

2. What are the differences between MagicSpam Free (with Plesk) and paid ?

3. If I buy Premium Odin Antivirus license from third party /reseller how do I insert those license ? Upon successful license insertion - How to determine that I had proprietary Premium Odin AV which not limited to 14 email accounts ?

Thanks

Attachments

• mail-spam.jpg
    mail-spam.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 13
  • mail-antivirus.jpg
    mail-antivirus.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 14
Hello,

Please see the following chart which displays the differences between each of the MagicSpam for Plesk products:

http://magicspam.com/img/MagicSpamFeatures-Plesk.png

Thanks!

-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Hi, Thanks for your attention, really appreciate that. I need some suggestion from you:

1. Currently I have MagicSpam Free Edition and SpanAssassin in one Plesk installation. Will it create conflict between the two ? Should I uninstall SpamAssassin because it will conflict witth MagicSpam? Or should I just leave them as they are because they served different purpose ?
2. I need a rather strong anti-spam solution for my Plesk mail server - Does MagicSpam default installation (Paid version - Basic or Pro) is enough to fight spam or it still required Bayes training ? How does MagicSpam compare with ASSP ?

I'm sorry if I asked too many question, but I have to decide which solution is perfect for my setup. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello Sennan,

Thanks for your response. MagicSpam actually works quite well alongside a content filter like SpamAssassin. Some of our customers choose to use SpamAssassin in behind MagicSpam; this allows MagicSpam to remove the large majority of the spam messages and leaves SpamAssassin to scan the few leftover messages. This gives you the the performance gains that MagicSpam offers, while allowing a content filter to perform the deeper scanning that you are looking for.

Regarding your next question, the default recommend settings in all of the MagicSpam installations are comprised of the safest rules that we have available. More often than not, these rules are just fine for the large majority of our customers. That being said, spam can change quite often based on where you are in the world and it isn't unusual to enable addition rules or lists after installation to block spam that might be more unique to your situation.

We do recommend the basic version over the free version as we think the additional features are well worth the price and provide good value. The decision to use the PRO version is more up to whether you want to provide your customers control of their own settings.

Regarding your final question, MagicSpam differs from other anti-spam solutions by leveraging patented BMS technology and enforcing mail server best practices right in the SMTP layer to reject spam before your server even has to download the message. This actually can reduce load on your server because it doesn't have to waste bandwidth, memory, CPU cycles or even spin a disk to handle those spam messages!

Thanks Sennan and if you have any additional questions feel free to ask or even email our sales team directly at [email protected]

Thanks for your reply and our apologies for any inconvenience. We have let the sales team know about this issue so hopefully it doesn't happen in the future.

Back