• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Mail being sent from root@fqdn.

Axodious

New Pleskian
I noticed in my Mailenable logs that everytime a scheduled task is run from Plesk it is attempting to send an email from root@FQDN (for example if the Plesk server is example.plesk.com it is sending email from [email protected]) however I don't see where that is set anywhere and I currently do not have any MX records or a mailbox for that account. Are these records suppose to be set and is there suppose to be a mailbox for this account? Or is there a way to change the sender account? I believe my server was caught in a RBL because of these emails being that there is no configuration for that FQDN.

*EDIT*
I have found where the email is originating, it's the Autoinstaller for Plesk attempting to send an email with the subject "Parallels Panel was successfully updated" to the administrator email address from root@fqdn of the server.

Last edited:
Back