• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Mail contains "unknown Date" and cannot be downloaded in ActiveSync

onki

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I have a HP multifunction printer with scan to email function.
Especially for this devcive I have created a mailbox in Plesk.
I entered all required data in the web frontend of the printer (smtp-server, port 465, SSL etc.) and the test sending was successful.
When I open my Horde webmail I can see the test mail but in the date column I can just see "unknown date". This leads to the problem that this specific mail cannot be downloaded to mobile devices using Active Sync mode.
I am using Postfix as mailserver.

Any idea what could cause this problem with the unkown (or invalid date)?
Is this a horde, postfix or HP printer problem?

Best regards

At a first glance, HP printer problem, or rather a bug in the email creation. It would help to see the relevant source code of the message after it was received.

Hi,

this could be an interesting part of the header:
Code:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-1.0 required=3.0 tests=ALL_TRUSTED,BAYES_00,
    MISSING_DATE,MISSING_MID autolearn=no autolearn_force=no version=3.4.2

Could this be the reason for the unknown date display. All other messages in the header show a current time.

Best regards
Onki

X-Spam-Status header is added by Spamassassin. In this case the addition of "MISSING_DATE" tells us that Spamassassin also couldn't find or read the date header.

If there's nothing you can change in the HP printer settings, than you could try to rewrite the message header either using Postfix or using a sieve filter. I haven't done this before so I can't provide detailed instructions.

Back