• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail dead after Upgrade-attempt

A

AlleyKat

Mail dead after Upgrade-attempt (Solved?)

I hit Upgrade last night, assuming it was something like an update. I was wrong, it seems.

Actually, nothing happened. Nothing at all - I hit "Upgrade to 8.0", confirmed that it should start - and nothing whatsoever happened thereafter. I'm quite patient so after 4-5 hours of busy nothing, I checked, and nothing seemed to have changed. But it certainly had.

When qmail was restarted over the morning, it had a tendency to shut down after a few minutes - not like it usually does, stall sending mails, queueing them until restarted every hour.

After having restarted it more than 50 times along the day, I tried restarting the server instead. I don't think I should have done that.

I see the following in my rpm list:
psa-autoinstaller-3.0.0-build060321.19
psa-migration-manager-7.5.4-fc3.build75060321.20
courier-imap-3.0.8-fc3.build80060331.13
psa-php4-configurator-1.0.0-fc3.build80060331.13
psa-proftpd-xinetd-1.2.10-fc3.build80060331.13

(FC3)

I'm almost 100% sure that what I need to do is uninstall the wrong builds and install the right ones, but where do I find the original psa courier? I thought I had it in my plesk repo, but that seems to be the '-add' package, so I'm kinda stuck...

Help, please? [All our mail services were down...]

PHEW! After pulling hair out for hours, I found the full Plesk package download and extracted the couple of elements I needed from there.

Solution:
(mostly inspired by Cranky's advices in 8.0 forums)
Uninstall new qmail, courier-imap (rpm -e <package>),
Install 'old' versions and the courier-imap-add (rpm -Uvh <package>)
Stopped the drwebd service AND DrWeb in Plesk -> server -> service management.
Mail works again.

But my errorlogs are still looking spooky, so any advice on how to 'unroll' are welcome.I have lists of the rpms from a few days before - should I make the rpm lists match? And would it help (me, you, swsoft) posting them here?

Back