• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mail delivered to wrong domain

H

haller

My problem is a bit strange and hard to explain, but im gone give it a try.

Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition SP1
Plesk Reloaded 7.5.2
MailEnable Standard 1.8

In plesk i've got 2 clients: Client1 and Client2

Client1 has a domain domain1a with a mail account vincent@domain1a, with two aliases info@domain1a and admin@domain1a. Mail for the account vincent@domain1a is redirected to [email protected].

Client2 has a domain domain2a with a mail account catchall@domain2a. Mail preferences "Mail to nonexistent user" is set to "Catch to address: catchall@domain2a"

Client2 also has a domain domain2b. No mail accounts are set for this domain.

Ive send the following mails with two different mail account on two different servers. Both gave the same results:

To address -> recieved by
info@domain2a -> [email protected]
admin@domain2a -> [email protected]
vincent@domain2a -> catchall@domain2a
anyothername@domain2a -> catchall@domain2a

info@domain2b -> [email protected]
admin@domain2b -> [email protected]
vincent@domain2b -> bounce
anyothername@domain2b -> bounce

I also tested this for other domain of Client2 who have no mail accounts set. All gave the same results as for doamain2b.

The problems started from the moment the two mail aliases where added for vincent@domain1a.

Client1 has a total of 70 domains. All mail account work normal (except for domain domain1a).
Client2 has a total of 15 domains. None of the have a mail account setup (except for domain domain2a)

I haven't tryed to remove and readd domain1a or domain2a, because I want to know why this is happening.

Help! :(

Originally posted by haller
My problem is a bit strange and hard to explain, but im gone give it a try.

Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition SP1
Plesk Reloaded 7.5.2
MailEnable Standard 1.8

Help! :(

In any case first thing i'll done at your place - update Plesk up to 7.5.4 and install latest hotfix for 7.5.4 from sw-soft.com site
in most case in time update solve most of problems

Back