• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail enable problem - what a surprise eh ?

I

iis-newb

Im having a problem with a particular mail account in plesk. When sending a message to this account, it is returned with the following error.

ME-MTA-001 Internal Error : Could not find connector for recipient [SMTP:[email protected]]. It has been returned to the sender address.

I know why it is providing this error message, the problem is, I cannot fix it.

In the properties for that mail account (in the mail enable administrator), under the "addresses" tab, their should be an entry that says

[SMTP:[email protected]]

Their is not however, and when I attempt to add that entry, I receive an error noting that it is already defined for "[SMT" elsewhere in the postoffice.

I could not find this anywhere, and attempting to remove the mail account in plesk results in various plesk errors and basically mail enable and plesk become unsynchronized for that specific mail account.
- removing the account from mail enable does not help either

Has anyone dealt with this problem, or does anyone have any suggestions ?

You can backup all ME configs somewhere and then rebuild it according Plesk DB with "mchk.exe --all --fix=all" In most case this solve problems with ME configuration.

That sounds like using a shotgun to take out a mosquito. Coming from linux/cpanel , I am leary of all of these "Just do this" solutions in plesk. I'd rather know what caused and how to fix the problem than hope and pray it doesn't happen again.

That sounds like using a shotgun to take out a mosquito.

Of course. This command REMOVE ALL ME CONFIG FILES and recreate it using data from Plesk database. But no other automatical repair method... also i know other options, use mchk --help to view it.
=))

I had exactly the same problem, message rejected with "Could not find connector for recipient...".

It turned out my ADDRESS-MAP.TAB file in the "c:\program files\swsoft\plesk\mail servers\mail enable\config" had some corrupt entries for the address in question. I removed these corrupt entries using NOTEPAD.EXE and the problem went away.

:)

I'd forgotten about this thread, but I found a similar solution in the ADDRESS-MAP.TAB file and had forgotten to post it. It bugs me that these things just "happen" .

I initially thought I'd write to MailEnable about this problem. Get them to introduce better intergrity checks into the addressee table. I then realised that the problem could be related to the Plesk API which might not write the settings correctly.

Unfortunately without intimate knowledge of either the Plesk API or MailEnable it's difficult to speculate what causes the problem. And to make things even more complicated one has to remember that we're working with the Windows file system and you all know how random Windows sometimes can be 'interacting' with third party products!

;)

I've been working with Plesk since version 7.0.0 and this is the most common problem I encountered.

The only thing thing they improved was mchk.exe, which can take params now and generates the config files a lot faster... but that's it. Seems like they don't really care about the cause, they just provide fixes.

I am sorry to say, but even in the latest version of Plesk (7.5.6) with MailEnable stnadard 1.9, we still get these kind of problems.

Our clients can't relay on out mail services and it seems that the only solution would be to use a diffrent mail server. Personally I had the chance to use SmarterMail with Plesk and I was very impressed.

Originally posted by Bogdan
I've been working with Plesk since version 7.0.0 and this is the most common problem I encountered.

The only thing thing they improved was mchk.exe, which can take params now and generates the config files a lot faster... but that's it. Seems like they don't really care about the cause, they just provide fixes.

I am sorry to say, but even in the latest version of Plesk (7.5.6) with MailEnable stnadard 1.9, we still get these kind of problems.

Our clients can't relay on out mail services and it seems that the only solution would be to use a diffrent mail server. Personally I had the chance to use SmarterMail with Plesk and I was very impressed.

could i cntact you directly by messenger ?! I am also romanian and i have a couple of servers with plesk and mail enable. i was thinking to replace mail enable too.
could you please provide me you messenger please ?!

a half f my servers experienced problems with Mail Enable. I have spend ...x00 customers, $$, days and night in order to fix this Mails Enable that should be soon renamed into MailDisable. Older versions of MailEnable are owfull.

I just spent the night researching the issue.

Accourding to MailEnable, it's Plesk's problem
http://mailenable.com/kb/Content/Article.asp?ID=me020424

Corruption of the auth.tab file could be related to contention for accessing the file.

Please see below relating to potential causes of such contention:

1. A control panel application is directly editing the configuration files and is causing contention for these files or has an error that is leading to the contents of the file being deleted. This contention can lead to corruption/data loss.

Example: Some control panel applications make changes directly to these files and this almost certainly will cause corruption when concurrent access to the files occurs.

I opened a support ticket ticket with MailEnable to get further details on the matter.

Back