• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail error allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

P

poscompo

Some of my domains are reporting this error. (doamin name changed to protect the innocent)

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

[email protected]' on 11/05/2005 16:55

553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

Any idea how to fix it ?

Thanks

Richard

re

Yes when they send. I am guessing, as they both use the same isp port 25 is being blocked? Is it possible to change their mail server port without affecting the other domains?

Richard

Hi,

This error comes up every now and then for me too. Did you find out what the cause was?

Thanks.

Originally posted by poscompo
Some of my domains are reporting this error. (doamin name changed to protect the innocent)

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

[email protected]' on 11/05/2005 16:55

553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

Any idea how to fix it ?

Thanks

Richard

It usually means that authentication has timed out and they are not allowed to relay through the server until they authenticate again. I see this quite a bit with people using outlook.

re-testing the mail settings under mail options will re-authenticate them if they have their password saved.
Closing outlook and then starting outlook again will also re-authenticate them.

Having them set outlook up to check for mail every 15 or 20 mins will usually stop this if you have your server setup at about 30 mins.

Re: Re: Mail error allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

Thanks steve0,

So this would occur from in Outlook even if the SMTP authorization is set up? I would think it would authorize every time the user tries to send mail?

Re: Re: Re: Mail error allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

Originally posted by leobag
Thanks steve0,

So this would occur from in Outlook even if the SMTP authorization is set up? I would think it would authorize every time the user tries to send mail?

You are correct :D

But i am still seeing this problem every once in a while, and only with users that use outlook - the above always works for them

You can try to enable both SMTP authentication and POP3 before SMTP authentication in Plesk and most likely the problems will disappear.

SMTP AUTH often doesn't work if the client is behind a firewall (either hardware or software can cause this) so the advice to set for new messages at an interval less that the POP lock time is a good one - POP authentication works even from behind a firewall.

MTP AUTH often doesn't work if the client is behind a firewall (either hardware or software can cause this)

Are you sure about this? Many people are behind firewalls (typically just linksys routers) and have no probs with SMTP Authentication. Are you talking about 'real' software/hardware firewalls - or are you including NAT routers and such?

Thanks

I had the same problem

I had the same problem, same error message with MS Outlook,
but the error message disappeared after I changed SMTP authentation settings.

However, though no error messages, emails still can't be sent out.
I tried to use Webmail sending emails, but they never reached destinations either.
So I can't use the email account, which is really a headache for me.

Can anybody give me tell me what I can do to get things better?

do the messages leave outlook? If so you can take a look at /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog to check if you see an error.

if you are having issue with Webmail, then I am pretty sure it is not an issue with outlook or your email client.

You may want to look at your DNS settings. Are you doing anything funky with mail (like different mail servers or settings)? Is your plesk the nameserver for the domain, or is your registrar the one in charge of the DNS?

When sending through webmail, can you see the errors (bounces, whatever) come back in web interface? Or does the mail disappear to email heaven?

I jsut started with a dedicated server, and haven't done much on it.

Yes, Iater I was aware it wasn't an issue with my Outlook.
I checked other threads and tried ticking on
POP3 lock time.
Then it worked!

Thanks eilko and leobag for the help.

Back