• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail from other domains on server.

R

rrmccabe

I have a few clients that have switched to Google Apps for business so they are runing gmail using their domain.

We have MX records for Googles server and the website remains on the Parallel server we host. Everything works fine except we cant send mail from another domain thats on the same box to the domain that is running GMAIL. We have the mail shut off on the domain that is using Google Apps.

It appears it tries to resolve the name locally before it even tries to do a DNS lookup and send to the right mail location.

This is going to be happening more and more as Google IMAP is becoming more popular.

Trying to figure out how to get around it.

Here is the message.

Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host, it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)

Rich

I had a similar issue recently, and it turned out for me to be a simple case of turning off mail services on the domain which is using external mail servers.

its always a good idea to turn off services that a domain doesnt need - be it dns or mail.

Back