• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue mail host each domain name

josede

Basic Pleskian
I read this How to configure a secure connection when setting up a Plesk email account in email client

"When a valid SSL certificate is set up for a mail server and domain name is known, during configuration in a mail client, specify incoming and outgoing mail server name as domain name from step 2. "

If I have multiple domains. How can i have each domain with his host name? Example:

domain: example55.com
so specify incoming and outgoing mail server name as example55.com

The article you've linked to covers the steps to setup a secure email connection with the servers default hostname.

However you can easily secure the mail connection for each domain separately. I find the SSL IT extension very helpful to accomplish this. It lets you secure the mail.example55.com for IMAP, POP and SMTP use.

Schermafbeelding 2020-05-28 om 23.06.30.png

I have SSL IT and cert for every domain with mail as well.

But when i add a domain in a client (thunderbird) if I use example.com as hostname, with ssl 995 and 465. Thunderbird cant verify my cert.

Did you use mail.example.com as server host name in Thunderbird or just example.com?

Also do you use Let's Encrypt as a certificate provider for your domains?

Strange, this seems to work fine on my servers. I am afraid I am out of suggestions for you to try. Last thing I can think of is to check whether your DNS records are pointing to the right server/ip. Also you could try to renew the SSL certificate for you domain. Perhaps it helps.

Back