1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

mail name password creation error

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by jmeares, Jun 21, 2006.

1. jmeares

jmeares Guest

having trouble creating mail names under a couple different domains,I get this error...

"unable to update the mail name properties:
    this password is incorrect, use at least 5 characters. the password should not contain mail name as its part.
    Only latin characters,no dictionary words(optional)."

2. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

Things to check:

1. Try not to create the same mail name under different accounts with the same password.

2. The password must be at least 5 characters long.

3. The password cannot contain the mailname as part of the password. For example, I create user James and try to make the password james23, this is not allowed.

4. Do you have Plesk setup for 'use of short and long' names (user or user@domain.com) , or just long only (user@domain.com) ??

3. jmeares

jmeares Guest

1. different domain?or account?this came up when I was creating a name that existed in another domain with the same pass,and I got the error in yet another domain while creating mail names that were for example tom@,****@jane@domain.com.these took the pass I use as a default just fine,"info@domain.com" gave me the error
    2. ok
    3. ok
    4.I;m not sure,when I login to webmail I use my mail name only no @domain.com

4. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

If you can login with just the username (without the @domain.com) then your server is set for 'use of short and long' which imposes certain limitations when trying to create the same username under multiple hosted domains.

5. jmeares

jmeares Guest

ok ,thanks