• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mail name password creation error

J

jmeares

having trouble creating mail names under a couple different domains,I get this error...

"unable to update the mail name properties:
this password is incorrect, use at least 5 characters. the password should not contain mail name as its part.
Only latin characters,no dictionary words(optional)."

Things to check:

1. Try not to create the same mail name under different accounts with the same password.

2. The password must be at least 5 characters long.

3. The password cannot contain the mailname as part of the password. For example, I create user James and try to make the password james23, this is not allowed.

4. Do you have Plesk setup for 'use of short and long' names (user or [email protected]) , or just long only ([email protected]) ??

1. different domain?or account?this came up when I was creating a name that existed in another domain with the same pass,and I got the error in yet another domain while creating mail names that were for example tom@,****@[email protected] took the pass I use as a default just fine,"[email protected]" gave me the error
2. ok
3. ok
4.I;m not sure,when I login to webmail I use my mail name only no @domain.com

If you can login with just the username (without the @domain.com) then your server is set for 'use of short and long' which imposes certain limitations when trying to create the same username under multiple hosted domains.

Back